Adjustable speed coupling
The adjustable non-contact drive for reduced Fixed Speed
- Adjustable Speed Coupling designed to run pumps and fans at a reduced fixed speed to eliminate the unavoidable overcapacity by design.
- The A-TORQ is suitable for motors from 7.5kW to 375kW (10HP to 500HP) at speeds from 750rpm to 3.600rpm.
- Energy savings of up to -50% are possible when using the A-TORQ.
- Like all Zytec non-contact couplings, the A-TORQ eliminates or greatly reduces problems associated with misalignment, vibration and shock loads.
Why the A-TORQ?
When installing an A-TORQ, the overcapacity of the pump can immediately be set to the required flow or pressure.
Why the A-TORQ is the perfect solution for you:
- The ZYTEC A-TORQ is easily adjustable and is used to mechanically reduce the speed of the load at a fixed set point.
- When installing an A-TORQ, the overcapacity of the pump can immediately be set to the required flow or pressure.
- If at a later date new set points are required or production is to be expanded, the A-TORQ can be easily adjusted to the new requirements within a few hours.
- With an A-TORQ non-contact magnetic drive, the air gap between the magnet rotor and the inductor can be manually controlled when the motor is stopped. As the air gap increases, torque is reduced.
- The output speed can be adjusted to reduce flow or pressure without the need for a choke valve.
- Energy savings of up to 50% are easily and quickly achieved with the A-TORQ.
What does the A-TORQ adjustable non-contact drive do for you?
- You’ll realize immediate savings in energy, maintenance and numerous hidden costs. The pump can easily reach its Best Efficiency Point (BEP). This maximizes pump life and minimizes maintenance.
- The fitting of the non-contact magnetic drive results in reduced wear on both the motor and load sides;
- shock loads are damped;
- misalignment damage, which inevitably occurs during operation, is eliminated.
- Laser alignment at installation is not required.
- This non-contact drive is robust and maintenance-free.
With A-TORQ the total cost of ownership decreases, while your non-contact drive ensures a smooth and uninterrupted process with minimal downtime.
The A-TORQ is an easy to install and adjust non-contact drive. It is an all mechanical solution. This makes it a robust solution. The combination of increased reliability, reduced maintenance and energy savings makes the A-TORQ provide a very short payback period, often less than 2 years.
Pumps are critical to the process. The A-TORQ significantly reduces the risk of pump failure. The maintenance interval of the pump is considerably increased. This ensures a smooth and uninterrupted production process.
The A-TORQ creates a drive with no physical contact between the shafts
Because the A-TORQ has no physical contact between the motor and the pump or fan, it has all the advantages of a fixed non-contact drive but with more flexibility.
- Unavoidable misalignment during operation becomes irrelevant.
- No laser alignment needed
- No shaft loads on the motor and load shaft.
- The root cause of failure of the bearing and seals is eliminated.
- The life span of the bearing of the motor is expanded to design life.
- The life span of seals is extended significantly.
- Vibrations are reduced up till 80%.
- A cushioned start and stop (mechanical soft starter).
Eliminate the root cause of failure
Although we live and work in exciting times with unique innovations, industrial companies sometimes have to hit the brakes. New and exciting technology solutions seem to be everywhere, but there is one big obstacle that slows the innovation process down:
- There is a general shortage of skilled staff (especially technical maintenance personnel) in complex industrial plants.
- How can we fill this so-called ‘workforce gap’ on short notice by eliminating the root cause of failure in industrial machines?
Smart, simple, often overlooked
One of the smartest (but often overlooked) solutions is simply eliminating maintenance needs as much as possible. This may seem easier said than done. But there really is a straightforward solution when industries review their pumps and couplings.
Using magnetic couplings will eliminate most of the causes of machine breakdowns and enhance the reliability of your machines. Magnetic couplings eliminate the root cause of many machines’ failure, resulting in low TCO and less waste of time and materials.
Read all about this in the Whitepaper ‘Eliminate the Root Cause of Failure’. Where we take a closer look at the solution of the magnetic couplings to:
- Eliminate the root cause of failures affecting your machines
- Find the missing piece of the puzzle to fill the workforce gap.